5 Minute Success – Episode 12: Drew Briscoe, Secrets of a Top Shopping Center Owner/Operator Revealed
Drew is Vice President for the JCR Companies’ portfolio and has been with JCR since August 2012, currently overseeing over half a million square feet of retail commercial property. Prior to joining JCR, Drew was engaged in leasing and managing a 450,000 square foot retail shopping center portfolio in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex. He has experience in acquisitions, investment sales, and financing of retail shopping centers. Drew is proud to be a Certified Property Manager and an Accredited Commercial Manager certified by the Institute of Real Estate Management. A native to Northern Virginia, he is licensed to practice real estate throughout the D.C. Metro area. Drew holds a degree in real estate finance from Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Texas.
In this episode, Karen and Drew discuss:
- Drew’s start to his career path
- Drew’s strategies
- How Drew generates leads
- Client Trust and Communication
- Drew’s secret to success
“We believe in that neighborhood, convenience-oriented retail.” – Drew Briscoe
Key Takeaways and Actionable Success Principles:
- From a leasing perspective, it’s boots on the ground to generate leads
- The unique thing about retail is that every location is different
- On the acquisition side, make sure that you’ve got relationship with retail brokers in the market
- The commercial world is all about persistence – a lot of follow up phone calls
- When you get to lease, legal lease language should never ever break the deal
- Make sure to talk to the retailers – can they pay rent on time, do they want to change their space? Etc.
Connect with Drew Briscoe:
Join host Karen Briscoe each week to learn how you can achieve success at a higher level by investing just 5 minutes a day! Tune in to hear powerful, inspirational and informational success stories and expert insights from entrepreneurs, business owners, industry leaders, and real estate agents that will transform your business and life. Karen shares a-ha moments that have shaped her career and discusses key concepts from her book – Real Estate Success in 5 Minutes a Day: Secrets of a Top Agent Revealed.
Here’s to your success in business and in life!
Connect with Karen and 5 Minute Success
- Twitter: @5MinuteSuccess
- Join the Facebook Group: 5 Minute Success
- Website: 5MinuteSuccess.com
- Email: Karen@5MinuteSuccess.com
5 Minute Success Links
Real Estate Success in 5 Minutes a Day available in Print, Digital, and Audio
Spread the love and share the secrets of 5 Minute Success with your friends and colleagues!
Show Notes by Executive Producer: Mar England