5 Minute Success – the Podcast, Episode 27: Cy Wakeman, Secrets of a Top Drama Researcher Revealed
Cy Wakeman is a dynamic international keynote speaker, drama researcher, New York Times best-selling author and trainer who has spent more than 20 years cultivating a revolutionary approach to leadership. Grounded in reality, Wakeman’s philosophy teaches people how to turn excuses into results and transform unhappy employees into accountable, successful members of the workforce. Through her prolific work with companies such as Bayer, New York Presbyterian, National Institutes of Health, Hallmark, Verizon Wireless, TD Ameritrade and Wells Fargo, Wakeman has helped eliminate tired, impersonal management techniques in favor of a reality-based revolution.
An expert blogger on FastCompany.com, Forbes.com and The Huffington Post, Wakeman’s ideas have been featured on the TODAY Show, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Business Insider, The Daily Muse, Success.com, and SHRM.com. She’s written three books, Reality-Based Leadership: Ditch the Drama, Restore Sanity to the Workplace, and Turn Excuses into Results, The Reality-Based Rules of the Workplace: Know What Boosts Your Value, Kills Your Chances, and Will Make You Happier, and No Ego: How Leaders Can Cut the Cost of Workplace Drama, End Entitlement, and Drive Big Results.
In this episode, Cy and Karen discuss:
- Cy’s journey to success
- Cy’s business development
- Cy’s commitment to get leads
- Cy’s strategies
- How Cy connects to build and grow
“The average person spends 2 1/2 hours a day in drama (i.e. emotional waste).” – Cy Wakeman
Key Takeaways and Actionable Success Principles:
- When you consult to sell, focus on the facts and reality to bypass the potential drama
- Most of the stress we feel isn’t from our reality but from the story we make up about reality
- Commitment is the first step in accountability and that means the willingness to do whatever it takes without expectations on the outcome
- If you can provide value and content for others, people will want to come to you because you’ll be the expert
- Try making the effort to say “yes” more to become a bigger part of your clients’ lives and strengthen their loyalty
Connect with Cy Wakeman:
- Twitter: @CyWakeman
- Website: RealityBasedLeadership.com
- Facebook: CyWakeman
- Cy’s book: No Ego: How Leaders Can Cut the Cost of Workplace Drama, End Entitlement, and Drive Big Results
- Cy’s Podcast: No Ego
Join host Karen Briscoe twice a week to learn how you can achieve success at a higher level by investing just 5 minutes a day! Tune in to hear powerful, inspirational and informational success stories and expert insights from entrepreneurs, business owners, industry leaders, and real estate agents that will transform your business and life. Karen shares a-ha moments that have shaped her career and discusses key concepts from her book – Real Estate Success in 5 Minutes a Day: Secrets of a Top Agent Revealed.
Here’s to your success in business and in life!
Connect with Karen and 5 Minute Success
5 Minute Success Links
Real Estate Success in 5 Minutes a Day available in Print, Digital, and Audio
Spread the love and share the secrets of 5 Minute Success with your friends and colleagues!
Show Notes by Molly P.